Friday, March 21, 2014

Old Warriors and Pretty Young Wives - Pt 2

The Plot

She’d go to her old man at night
But he’d lost his warrior’s might
And would he take the father’s blame
When he could not light a flame?

The time, it was a-going
Her bump, it was a-showing
Women whispered under the trees
As she passed, through cough and sneeze

Oh, her name was Adwoa
Her old man called her Eno
But her response became sour
As he aged into a minnow

The young lovers turned to fear
Shame and execution nestled near
They had now to run away
Or the old cuckold to slay

6 comments:

  1. ... and I like the rhythm too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... I like the rhythm too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't hide my smile.:) Great work of art here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't hide my smile. :) Great work of art here.

    ReplyDelete

After writing your comment, please select the Name/URL box below, and write your name in the box, before submitting your comment.