Wednesday, October 24, 2012

How I Stumbled Upon Blogging

In 2008, Accra was a jaded jamboree. I preferred to float in bed and fantasise about far-flung frolicsome places. I had happened on ‘personal websites’ without knowing their sexy name - blog. Then, my friend, Sandra, introduced me her blog.  I was besotted three times over. A poet in hibernation, I dusted off my skills and became a seeker of ‘second sight’: that hallowed ‘hang’ to see extraordinary sights in everyday scenes. To experience and describe Accra’s rich, deep and colourful layers of sights, sounds, smells and tastes in a unique way. Blogging has given me a novel, vibrant city that’s all my very own.

4 comments:

  1. Glad she did! Keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. You are missed. Tried to reach you on google talk.

      Delete
  2. interesting. double thanks to Sandra since your blog got me to blogging

    ReplyDelete

After writing your comment, please select the Name/URL box below, and write your name in the box, before submitting your comment.