Friday, June 19, 2009

Broiled, Blistered Backside

Alpha Lion pitched an unblest rivalry with his big sister when growing up. One morning, he had heated his multi-purpose water in an aluminium bowl. Big Sis just wanted a cup for chocolate, but Alpha Lion would not share. He put a lid on the bowl of hot water, and sat on it, while still in his pyjamas. The lid slid and down he sat in the scalding water. The harder he tried to get it off, the tighter these pyjamas stuck to his simmering flesh.

When they finally stripped him down, he had to cool off the affronted arse, first in frosty water, and then in front of a standing fan. Then, for weeks, he had blister-and-burn treatment. Needless to say, he has learned his lesson. He loves all his siblings to bits. Alpha Lion just told me this story after work. I went looking for Tiger 2 and Black Rhino to help me strip down Alpha Lion to inspect the lingering scald marks, but he bounded down the stairs.

10 comments:

  1. From scalding water to cold water? I shouldn't be laughing but spare me morality, I'm LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!
    Again I love the way you write Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!
    I see him wobbling down the stairs . . .
    The beneficiary of this dreadful experience won't just be his children only. Ouch!
    One day, I will tell of this lesson to mine when they finally come around.
    A pat at the back of Alpha Lion's back will do.
    Bless you NY !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiz, we all laughed when Alpha Lion 'confessed' this. Feel free to ROTF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol!I find myself sprawled on the floor in uncontollable laughter with mental image of him escaping inspection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously think we should ambush Alpha lion today. What say you, after work?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do I say, Pen Powder? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete

After writing your comment, please select the Name/URL box below, and write your name in the box, before submitting your comment.