Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Heavy Curtains, Pigs with Lipstick

In my Superior room, at dulcet dusk, Lil Girl glided round the heavy drapery onto the snug balcony for a breathtaking view of ivory-and-amber-lit, wooded, residential Kumasi. And I surveyed the sublime sights of her flowing roundnesses. I lent my ken, for a second, to the TV, for what McCain-busting move that god, Obama, was up to. Between pigs and a whole lot of laughable lipstick, I heard Lil Girl say, “Baby, I can’t find my way back in.” For a trice, I didn’t know what she meant. Then I saw hands on the carpet; lovely, shortened hair; a mischievous grin. Lil Girl had found her way back in by crawling on all fours under the portiere. On TV, the old man who first brought in the pigs with the lipstick was trying to pull down the curtains on his deliberate misinterpretation of the god’s wisecrack. He won't find his way back in.

7 comments:

  1. Nana, i see you had a mix bowl of fun watching the debate...how nice and cute of the lil gal...hah! the make you smile always and give u feed for thought! love them like innocent always...

    i stayed the night to watch too...and i could tell the desperation of McSame or 'shame' they call him...pity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About your para 1, Lil Girl is her nickname. She ain't so lil, lol.

    About your para 2, McShame is a classic. Always the punster, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Lil Girl was trying to find her way back to Room Nana Yaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nana Yaw, your talent shines in this exquisite piece. As for McShame, I will not even dignify him with a comment. Let's just say victory surely is certain now for that One!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Kiz, back to the room. Something tells me, though, that you mean a pun with Room Nana Yaw. How so?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very kindly, Maya. Yes, victory for the One!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As in the name of the occupant of the room.

    ReplyDelete

After writing your comment, please select the Name/URL box below, and write your name in the box, before submitting your comment.